- Section Off the moustache
To make trimming your moustache easier you want to section off the moustache hairs and work one section at a time. Especially if you have a lot of hair, starting and finishing one section before continuing on to the next will make it easier to trim the hairs evenly. You can use a comb or brush to help separate the hairs of your moustache.
- Small Snips when cutting
You don’t want to get ahead of yourself and cut off too much. Take your time and cut little by little. Patience is very important here.
- Every inch will be noticeable. When trimming your moustache, you need to understand that you will notice if it is uneven.
- Wax before cutting tips of curls. You want to wax the hairs before trimming the curls at the end so you can straighten out the hair. It will be extremely difficult to cut the hairs and have both sides even without doing this first. Better safe than sorry when working on your moustache hairs.
- Pull on moustache to check length. This is an easy way to gauge the length of your moustache to make sure it is even. You should be able to tell with your fingertips pulling the hairs in different direction’ looking in a mirror while doing this might be your best option.
- Twirl the ends of our moustache when cutting the tips. This is to make sure you get all the hairs together at the end when trimming. You don’t want to have to trim each hair individually so twirl them at the ends will help you get it done slightly faster but more importantly evenly. Attention to detail gentlemen, it goes a long way.